Accounting Summer Intern – Rotational Program Internship (Hybrid)
Welcome to the Post Pollution Future with LanzaTech
A post-pollution world is inevitable, and people will either be part of it, or the planet will go on without us. At LanzaTech, our technology platform is transforming waste carbon into everyday products, to meet the needs of this moment. Our science is state-of-the-art, but the idea is simple. We use nature to heal nature. We capture carbon emissions which are then fed into bioreactors where trillions of carbon-hungry microbes go to work. These tiny dynamos consume the waste gases and produce valuable raw material commodities. Pure enough to be resold, repurposed, and recycled again — from sustainable jet fuel to beverage bottles, to yoga pants.
Founded in New Zealand, we are a global women-led company with an international footprint and a diverse employee population. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are a key part of our mission and core values which we show through our hiring, our leadership, our efforts to educate internally and willingness to learn.
Now a publicly traded company on NASDAQ, come join the team as we strive to make a Post Pollution Future!
Exciting collaborations with LanzaTech (LT) CarbonSmartTM Products:
- 2022 – H&M announced their collaboration with LT with a clothing line to be launched in 2023
- 2022 – Coty, Inc. – LT recycled carbon ethanol to be used in majority of fragrance portfolio by 2023
- 2022 – DrogerieMark (dm) in Germany, launched a range of packaging for their “Denk Mit” range of dish soap
- 2022 – Danone announced a collaboration to make packaging for the Mizone water line in China
- 2022 – Craghoppers, UK outdoor company, made a fleece from recycled carbon, to be launched in 2023
- 2021 – Collaborations with ZARA, lululemon & L’Oréal using recycled carbon in their apparel & packaging
- 2022 – Winner of “Air” Category at the 23rd Annual Energy Globe Awards
- 2022 – Fix Our Climate finalist for Earthshot Prize (only US company to be a finalist)
- 2022 – Jennifer Holmgren, CEO: TiE Sustainability Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2021 – Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable Fuels, Chemicals & Biomaterials
Interested in learning more? Visit us at www.LanzaTech.com and download/stream our latest CarbonSmartTM Podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify or wherever you receive your podcasts!
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
About the role
This is a summer internship for a college student. The role will last approximately 8-12 weeks over the summer at our Skokie, Illinois headquarters. The intern will engage in a rotational program working with a variety of team members and supporting a variety of projects related to Fixed Assets, Revenue, Technical Accounting and Accounts Payable. During this time, the intern will work closely with full-time program members, get frequent exposure to senior leaders across the business, and gain a deep understanding of the business and finance team.
- Document standard operating procedures
- Assist with the customer billing process
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist with the fixed assets registration process
- Handle ad-hoc Finance related projects and tasks, as assigned
- Must be currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Expected graduation by May 2024
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Physical area they work in (cubical, office, home, lab, etc.)
- COVID protocols as in effect summer 2023