Job Role: HR Manager (India)
Department: Global HR/People
Location: Gurgaon, India
Reporting To: Head of People, Skokie, IL
LanzaTech Private Limited is looking for a Human Resource Manager to join our team in our Gurugram office. The Human Resource Manager will report to the Head of People based in Skokie, IL, playing a key role in the planning and long-term management of the company's people centric objectives. This person is responsible for various functions of the Human Resource department, including talent, compensation, benefits, leave, reporting, and administration of company policies.
The ideal person for this position has proven expertise in managing Human Resources functions. This includes benefits administration, talent acquisition, compensation, reporting, benefits and training. To be a competent HR Manager, you should be patient and compassionate, have excellent listening skills, and be able to multitask effectively.
- Recruitment – Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for all open positions. Work closely with hiring managers and recruitment to understand the needs of their department and any required job openings. Schedule and coordinate pre-employment drug tests and background verification. Create new-hire onboarding programs and deliver compelling new-hire orientations.
- Education and training – Ensure mandatory training and continuing education is complete and documented, including safety training, code of conduct and handbook training, anti-harassment training and certifications required. Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, changes to regulations, new technology breakthroughs in HR, talent, and employment law.
- Benefits – Assist employees with benefit programs and all leave requests. Work closely with the Human Resource team on the compensation and benefit plans to ensure alignment with LT's values including fairness and equity. Comply with all local statutory employment/labour laws, rules and regulations.
- Employee relations – Manage all details and coordination of disciplinary discussions, terminations, and investigations. Guide the leadership team on sensitive or complex matters and elevate to the appropriate staff when investigations are required. Ensure professionalism and confidentiality in all aspects of the role.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field required
- A minimum of five years of management experience in Human Resources
- Strong ability to multitask and remain calm in emergencies
- Superb conflict resolution skills
- Ability to display integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality at all times
- Strong knowledge of laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient in HRIS and talent management systems
Welcome to the Post Pollution Future with LanzaTech
A post-pollution world is inevitable, and people will either be part of it, or the planet will go on without us. At LanzaTech, our technology platform is transforming waste carbon into everyday products, to meet the needs of this moment. Our science is state-of-the-art, but the idea is simple. We use nature to heal nature. We capture carbon emissions which are then fed into bioreactors where trillions of carbon-hungry microbes go to work. These tiny dynamos consume the waste gases and produce valuable raw material commodities. Pure enough to be resold, repurposed, and recycled again — from sustainable jet fuel to beverage bottles, to yoga pants.
Founded in New Zealand, we are a global women-led company with an international footprint and a diverse employee population. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are a key part of our mission and core values which we show through our hiring, our leadership, our efforts to educate internally and willingness to learn.
Now a publicly traded company on NASDAQ, come join the team as we strive to make a Post Pollution Future!
Exciting collaborations with LanzaTech (LT) CarbonSmartTM Products:
- 2022 – H&M announced their collaboration with LT with a clothing line to be launched in 2023
- 2022 – Coty, Inc. – LT recycled carbon ethanol to be used in majority of fragrance portfolio by 2023
- 2022 – DrogerieMark (dm) in Germany, launched a range of packaging for their “Denk Mit” range of dish soap
- 2022 – Danone announced a collaboration to make packaging for the Mizone water line in China
- 2022 – Craghoppers, UK outdoor company, made a fleece from recycled carbon, to be launched in 2023
- 2021 – Collaborations with ZARA, lululemon & L’Oréal using recycled carbon in their apparel & packaging
- 2022 – Winner of “Air” Category at the 23rd Annual Energy Globe Awards
- 2022 – Fix Our Climate finalist for Earthshot Prize (only US company to be a finalist)
- 2022 – Jennifer Holmgren, CEO: TiE Sustainability Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2021 – Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable Fuels, Chemicals & Biomaterials
Interested in learning more? Visit us at www.LanzaTech.com and download/stream our latest CarbonSmartTM Podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify or wherever you receive your podcasts!
LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.