Welcome to the Post Pollution Future with LanzaTech
A post-pollution world is inevitable, and people will either be part of it, or the planet will go on without us. At LanzaTech, our technology platform is transforming waste carbon into everyday products, to meet the needs of this moment. Our science is state-of-the-art, but the idea is simple. We use nature to heal nature. We capture carbon emissions which are then fed into bioreactors where trillions of carbon-hungry microbes go to work. These tiny dynamos consume the waste gases and produce valuable raw material commodities. Pure enough to be resold, repurposed, and recycled again — from sustainable jet fuel to beverage bottles, to yoga pants.
Founded in New Zealand, we are a global women-led company with an international footprint and a diverse employee population. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are a key part of our mission and core values which we show through our hiring, our leadership, our efforts to educate internally and willingness to learn.
In addition, we have announced our plan to merge with AMCI Acquisition Corp. II and expect to become a publicly traded company on Nasdaq. Come join the team as we strive to make a Post Pollution Future!
Exciting collaborations with LanzaTech (LT) CarbonSmartTM Products:
- 2022 – Coty, Inc. – LT recycled carbon ethanol to be used in majority of fragrance portfolio by 2023
- 2021 – ZARA – cutting edge, high fashion black dresses made from LT recycled carbon
- 2021 – lululemon – sports apparel made from LT Recycled carbon
- 2021 – L’Oréal – partnership to make packaging with LT recycled carbon
- 2021 – Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable Fuels, Chemicals & Biomaterials
- 2020 – Biofuels Digest #3 Best Company to work for in the Advanced Bioeconomy
- 2020 – Fast Company World Changing Company
- 2020 – CNBC #43 on Top 50 Disrupter Companies list
Interested in learning more? Visit us at www.LanzaTech.com and download/stream our latest CarbonSmartTM Podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify or wherever you receive your podcasts!
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
- Contribute and always adhere to all safety standards and practices.
- Set up, operate, and turnover laboratory fermentation reactors.
- Use, write, and maintain process, SOPs, and quality documentation with high accuracy.
- Adaptable to adjust to changing priorities.
- Coordinate laboratory inventory and workflows.
- Ensure product quality and quality processes are monitored and conducted correctly
- Ability to communicate experimental plan, progress, results through verbal and written updates as well as through formal presentations.
- Work effectively at the interface of many multidisciplinary teams.
- Assist in identifying process improvement opportunities.
- Evaluate products to validate end-customer experience and shelf-life studies.
- Participate in other laboratory experiments and activities as assigned.
- Preferred Master’s degree in Microbiology, Engineering, Biotechnology, Biology, or bachelor’s degree with more than three years of equivalent experience
- Industry experience in quality control procedures and processes preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work consistently and accurately.
- Highly motivated individual that takes ownership and drives complex tasks to completion, while collaborating across teams.
- Industry experience in biotechnology and/or fermentation preferred.
- Demonstrated time management, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Prolonged periods of standing in the lab
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally with or without assistance.
- Requires use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Work in environments where heat or noise hazards are present
- Work in a potentially strong odorous environment
- Work around chemical hazards such as toxic and/or flammable gases and substances
- Based out of LanzaTech’s global headquarters in Skokie, IL
- This is an in-person, full time position