Welcome to the Post Pollution Future with LanzaTech
A post-pollution world is inevitable, and people will either be part of it, or the planet will go on without us. At LanzaTech, our technology platform is transforming waste carbon into everyday products, to meet the needs of this moment. Our science is state-of-the-art, but the idea is simple. We use nature to heal nature. We capture carbon emissions which are then fed into bioreactors where trillions of carbon-hungry microbes go to work. These tiny dynamos consume the waste gases and produce valuable raw material commodities. Pure enough to be resold, repurposed, and recycled again — from sustainable jet fuel to beverage bottles, to yoga pants.
Founded in New Zealand, we are a global women-led company with an international footprint and a diverse employee population. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are a key part of our mission and core values which we show through our hiring, our leadership, our efforts to educate internally and willingness to learn.
Now a publicly traded company on NASDAQ, come join the team as we strive to make a Post Pollution Future!
Exciting collaborations with LanzaTech (LT) CarbonSmartTM Products:
- 2022 – H&M announced their collaboration with LT with a clothing line to be launched in 2023
- 2022 – Coty, Inc. – LT recycled carbon ethanol to be used in majority of fragrance portfolio by 2023
- 2022 – DrogerieMark (dm) in Germany, launched a range of packaging for their “Denk Mit” range of dish soap
- 2022 – Danone announced a collaboration to make packaging for the Mizone water line in China
- 2022 – Craghoppers, UK outdoor company, made a fleece from recycled carbon, to be launched in 2023
- 2021 – Collaborations with ZARA, lululemon & L’Oréal using recycled carbon in their apparel & packaging
- 2022 – Winner of “Air” Category at the 23rd Annual Energy Globe Awards
- 2022 – Fix Our Climate finalist for Earthshot Prize (only US company to be a finalist)
- 2022 – Jennifer Holmgren, CEO: TiE Sustainability Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2021 – Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable Fuels, Chemicals & Biomaterials
Interested in learning more? Visit us at www.LanzaTech.com and download/stream our latest CarbonSmartTM Podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify or wherever you receive your podcasts!
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
About the role
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team leads LanzaTech’s revenue and expense modeling and analysis, ensuring accurate reporting, budgeting, and strategic planning. The Finance Manager on the FP&A team will be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, reporting, variance analysis, and providing financial oversight with an operational and strategic growth mindset. He/she will work cross-functionally and serve as a Finance business partner for members of executive and leadership teams. This person will assist with financial models, business cases, financial presentations, scenario planning and other projects as needed.
The Finance Manager will be highly collaborative and hands-on, working with teams across the organization to identify opportunities for improvement, efficiency, and scale and lead the implementation of solutions in partnership with other members of the FP&A team. The Finance Manager will report directly to the Director of FP&A.
- Analyze, interpret, and summarize company results from a financial and operational perspective to produce monthly reporting and analytics, identify potential issues, and propose solutions to mitigate risks.
- Work with department heads and project managers to build annual budgets, and monthly forecasts.
- Prepare the monthly financial reporting package and present results to the executive team.
- Develop and manage financial models for near and long-range planning.
- Identify and implement process improvements and standardization of reporting metrics.
- Provide business owners and senior leaders with financial analysis to drive decision making including costing, profitability, and productivity analysis.
- Collaborate with Investor Relations team on monthly and quarterly reporting needs.
- Collaborate with Accounting & Project Management teams to deliver on a roadmap of automation and improvement initiatives on reporting and forecasting as well as change management.
- Assist in preparation of presentations for Board of Directors and other corporate meetings.
- Become proficient in the use of the budgeting, forecasting, and planning software, Vena.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field, MBA preferred
- Minimum 8+ years of progressive financial planning & analysis experience, preferably in a fast-paced, high-growth global environment
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of data visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Looker)
- Experienced in financial systems (NetSuite, SAP, Anaplan)
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back-up assumptions and develop business cases
- Proven problem-solving skills, project management skills and the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Proven track record working with cross-functional teams and independently executing on deliverables
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with limited guidance and tight deadlines.,
- Must be a strong team player with service-oriented attitude and customer focus.
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaborate with others, as needed.
- Must be comfortable with changing requirements and priorities.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- On-Site 2-3 days per week - Hybrid Schedule