Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Project Manager (HSE)
Welcome to the Post Pollution Future with LanzaTech
A post-pollution world is inevitable, and people will either be part of it, or the planet will go on without us. At LanzaTech, our technology platform is transforming waste carbon into everyday products, to meet the needs of this moment. Our science is state-of-the-art, but the idea is simple. We use nature to heal nature. We capture carbon emissions which are then fed into bioreactors where trillions of carbon-hungry microbes go to work. These tiny dynamos consume the waste gases and produce valuable raw material commodities. Pure enough to be resold, repurposed, and recycled again — from sustainable jet fuel to beverage bottles, to yoga pants.
Founded in New Zealand, we are a global women-led company with an international footprint and a diverse employee population. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are a key part of our mission and core values which we show through our hiring, our leadership, our efforts to educate internally and willingness to learn.
Now a publicly traded company on NASDAQ, come join the team as we strive to make a Post Pollution Future!
Exciting collaborations with LanzaTech (LT) CarbonSmartTM Products:
- 2022 – H&M announced their collaboration with LT with a clothing line to be launched in 2023
- 2022 – Coty, Inc. – LT recycled carbon ethanol to be used in majority of fragrance portfolio by 2023
- 2022 – DrogerieMark (dm) in Germany, launched a range of packaging for their “Denk Mit” range of dish soap
- 2022 – Danone announced a collaboration to make packaging for the Mizone water line in China
- 2022 – Craghoppers, UK outdoor company, made a fleece from recycled carbon, to be launched in 2023
- 2021 – Collaborations with ZARA, lululemon & L’Oréal using recycled carbon in their apparel & packaging
- 2022 – Winner of “Air” Category at the 23rd Annual Energy Globe Awards
- 2022 – Fix Our Climate finalist for Earthshot Prize (only US company to be a finalist)
- 2022 – Jennifer Holmgren, CEO: TiE Sustainability Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2021 – Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable Fuels, Chemicals & Biomaterials
Interested in learning more? Visit us at www.LanzaTech.com and download/stream our latest CarbonSmartTM Podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify or wherever you receive your podcasts!
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in any of the following: Netherlands, Belgium or the UK on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status..
About the role
This role is to be based out of one of LanzaTech’s European offices(Netherlands or Belgium)/or UK office but will report to the Director of EHS in the US. Primarily focused on environmental aspects, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing EHS elements for commercial and/or pilot scale projects implemented by LanzaTech.
Generally, the majority of work will be done by consultants that have been engaged by LanzaTech and this role will ensure they are meeting regulatory and company requirements. They will liaise with Project Managers (internal and external) as well as others on the global EHS Team to facilitate safe and environmentally sound projects. Additionally, the successful candidate will be tasked with assisting in environmental matters for existing company operations globally.
- Coordinating between EHS consultants and internal parties.
- Reviewing applicable regulations to ensure project compliance.
- Development and maintenance of tools for successful repeated implementation of EHS aspects of projects.
- Supporting environmental aspects of LanzaTech’s global operations.
- Development and delivery of environmental training across the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Sciences/Engineering and 7+ years’ experience OR 10+ years’ experience in a project focused environmental management role with a Technical Degree (Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, etc)
- Knowledge of EU and/or UK environmental regulations
- Willingness to take initiative and work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Willingness/ability to deliver training to large groups of people (50+)
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong background in environmental management.
- Experience with environmental permitting, both in application and implementation.
- Strong experience with the EU Seveso Directive and/or UK COMAH; Working knowledge of North American equivalents.
- Prior work experience in EH&S consultancy or petrochemical EH&S project management