Senior CADD Designer
Welcome to the Post Pollution Future with LanzaTech
A post-pollution world is inevitable, and people will either be part of it, or the planet will go on without us. At LanzaTech, our technology platform is transforming waste carbon into everyday products, to meet the needs of this moment. Our science is state-of-the-art, but the idea is simple. We use nature to heal nature. We capture carbon emissions which are then fed into bioreactors where trillions of carbon-hungry microbes go to work. These tiny dynamos consume the waste gases and produce valuable raw material commodities. Pure enough to be resold, repurposed, and recycled again — from sustainable jet fuel to beverage bottles, to yoga pants.
Founded in New Zealand, we are a global women-led company with an international footprint and a diverse employee population. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are a key part of our mission and core values which we show through our hiring, our leadership, our efforts to educate internally and willingness to learn.
Now a publicly traded company on NASDAQ, come join the team as we strive to make a Post Pollution Future!
Exciting collaborations with LanzaTech (LT) CarbonSmartTM Products:
- 2022 – H&M announced their collaboration with LT with a clothing line to be launched in 2023
- 2022 – Coty, Inc. – LT recycled carbon ethanol to be used in majority of fragrance portfolio by 2023
- 2022 – DrogerieMark (dm) in Germany, launched a range of packaging for their “Denk Mit” range of dish soap
- 2022 – Danone announced a collaboration to make packaging for the Mizone water line in China
- 2022 – Craghoppers, UK outdoor company, made a fleece from recycled carbon, to be launched in 2023
- 2021 – Collaborations with ZARA, lululemon & L’Oréal using recycled carbon in their apparel & packaging
- 2022 – Winner of “Air” Category at the 23rd Annual Energy Globe Awards
- 2022 – Fix Our Climate finalist for Earthshot Prize (only US company to be a finalist)
- 2022 – Jennifer Holmgren, CEO: TiE Sustainability Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2021 – Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable Fuels, Chemicals & Biomaterials
Interested in learning more? Visit us at www.LanzaTech.com and download/stream our latest CarbonSmartTM Podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify or wherever you receive your podcasts!
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
The CADD designer / Drafter is responsible for quality of CADD output from LanzaTech. This includes internally generated documents and coordination of documents generated by third parties. Documents include mechanical drawings (vessel shell and internal drawings), Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Piping Layout, General Arrangement, and equipment layout drawings (GA), and AutoCAD administration. This position is responsible for inter-discipline coordination on assigned projects. The position would also monitor and improve on quality control of deliverables.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Preparation of Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) and/or coordination of PFDs generation by 3rd party drafting companies
- Preparation of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and/or coordination of P&IDs generation by 3rd party drafting companies
- Preparation of vessel mechanical drawings and/or coordination of mechanical drawings generated by 3rd party drafting companies
- Preparation of General Arrangement (GA) and Equipment layout drawings and/or coordination of GAs generated by 3rd party drafting companies
- Work from rough sketches, schematics, verbal, and written instructions to create simple to complex engineering drawings
- Coordinate and consolidate drawing comments by stakeholders within and outside of Lanzatech
- Reviews engineering drawing and designs to ensure adherence to established drafting specifications and standards
- Facilitation of P&IDs review meetings
- Facilitation of PFDs review meetings
- Facilitation of mechanical drawings review meetings
- Facilitation of 3D Model review meetings
- Support customer design reviews
- Document control of project drawings and AutoCAD native files
- Work with Engineers and Designers to create new and update existing AutoCAD process drawings (PFD – Process Flow Diagrams, P&ID – Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, GA – General Arrangement Drawings) and mechanical drawings
- Maintain high level of work quality and accuracy under occasionally tight deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing priorities
- Coordination of drafting activities with 3rd party’s companies
- Develop drafting infrastructure to handle high number of drafting requests quickly and timely
- Proactively identifies areas for improvement, shares best practices, and leads on some drafting implementation efforts
- Proactively drafts and quality checks work instructions related to drafting
- 10 years of technical experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Plant 3D
- Proficient with Navisworks Freedom
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated with the ability to take initiative, work independently and in a team environment
- Able to demonstrate effective coordination, planning and organizational skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite
- Self-starter and perform work with limited supervision
- Experienced in mechanical equipment design and development
- Experience in plant and equipment layout
- Expert knowledge of AutoCAD and Bluebeam
- 3D modeling capability a plus, but not required
- Prior experience in the oil and gas and petrochemical/chemical industries a strong preference
- Thorough knowledge of drawing standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Able to work in a general office and desk environment
- Sitting and working at a desk for long durations
- Working on a computer for long durations