Welcome to the Post Pollution Future with LanzaTech
A post-pollution world is inevitable, and people will either be part of it, or the planet will go on without us. At LanzaTech, our technology platform is transforming waste carbon into everyday products, to meet the needs of this moment. Our science is state-of-the-art, but the idea is simple. We use nature to heal nature. We capture carbon emissions which are then fed into bioreactors where trillions of carbon-hungry microbes go to work. These tiny dynamos consume the waste gases and produce valuable raw material commodities. Pure enough to be resold, repurposed, and recycled again — from sustainable jet fuel to beverage bottles, to yoga pants.
Founded in New Zealand, we are a global women-led company with an international footprint and a diverse employee population. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are a key part of our mission and core values which we show through our hiring, our leadership, our efforts to educate internally and willingness to learn.
In addition, we have announced our plan to merge with AMCI Acquisition Corp. II and expect to become a publicly traded company on Nasdaq. Come join the team as we strive to make a Post Pollution Future!
Exciting collaborations with LanzaTech (LT) CarbonSmartTM Products:
- 2022 – Coty, Inc. – LT recycled carbon ethanol to be used in majority of fragrance portfolio by 2023
- 2021 – ZARA – cutting edge, high fashion black dresses made from LT recycled carbon
- 2021 – lululemon – sports apparel made from LT Recycled carbon
- 2021 – L’Oréal – partnership to make packaging with LT recycled carbon
- 2021 – Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable Fuels, Chemicals & Biomaterials
- 2020 – Biofuels Digest #3 Best Company to work for in the Advanced Bioeconomy
- 2020 – Fast Company World Changing Company
- 2020 – CNBC #43 on Top 50 Disrupter Companies list
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
About the Role
- We have an exciting new opportunity at LanzaTech for a Technical Recruiter with extensive experience both US and Globally in recruiting Process Engineers, Project Managers, Engineering Managers, Chemical Engineers, Scientists Microbiology, Fermentation and Synthetic Biology focus
- You will work closely with our Engineering, Science and Technical teams.
- You will embody & understand the mission of LanzaTech to utilize a multi-faceted technology to capture waste carbon and transform (CCT) into low-carbon fuels, chemicals and products. Represent LanzaTech as a ground-breaking, game-changer on a commercial scale and part of a revolutionary movement to slow climate change.
- There is significant opportunity for this role to evolve over time, with extensive opportunity for growth, additional responsibilities, and the ability to have significant positive impact on improving both the recruitment process and increasing the diversity of both candidates and of hires.
- Progressive, proactive outreach strategy, with an entrepreneurial zeal, passion & heartfelt representation of LanzaTech culture, growth and climate-change impacting technology in outreach to highly qualified passive and open to work candidates via applicant pools, network leads and LinkedIn Recruiter.
- Arrange/schedule interviews with key leaders and team members.
- Innovate and assist in strategies and actions to develop and tap into sources of diversity for open positions.
- A true sense of wanting to hire great employees for a great company.
- Strive to make long-term hires that will grow with the company.
- Post jobs on JAZZ web-based applicant tracking system and LinkedIn.
- Identify qualified candidates from applicant pool.
- Screen candidates for culture fit and salary expectations.
- Discuss job descriptions and needs of positions with hiring managers.
- Forge relationships with hiring managers and leaderships to fully realize customized best practices for recruitment/hiring.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, related or general with equivalent work-based experience.
- 3-4 years’ experience in Technical Recruiting which can include Engineers (Chem Eng. focus) and Scientists (Microbiology, DNA, Synthetic Biology/SynBio Strain Development, Fermentation).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills along with comfort and ability to learn all aspects of software; both Office and web-based recruitment systems
- Skilled in offer negotiation, awareness of pertinent employment legislation and employment market trends.
- Ability to work in a fast-based environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Ability and/or experience to work in web-based Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Outstanding ability to learn/utilize additional/new software including web-based software and tools.
- Exceptional ability to communicate and build relationships with a diverse pool of candidates and teammates; must be familiar and experienced in communicating with those of different cultures and backgrounds and be adept at making all feel at ease, accepted and comfortable.
- Technical background/ certifications/ training in areas related to our core business.
- Experience in diversity (particularly STEM) outreach to learning institutions, associations, and sources of qualified minority candidates such as individuals of color, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and the LGBTQIA+ community
- Flexible hybrid schedule with 2 days in Skokie office