Accounts Payable Supervisor
Welcome to the Post Pollution Future with LanzaTech
A post-pollution world is inevitable, and people will either be part of it, or the planet will go on without us. At LanzaTech, our technology platform is transforming waste carbon into everyday products, to meet the needs of this moment. Our science is state-of-the-art, but the idea is simple. We use nature to heal nature. We capture carbon emissions which are then fed into bioreactors where trillions of carbon-hungry microbes go to work. These tiny dynamos consume the waste gases and produce valuable raw material commodities. Pure enough to be resold, repurposed, and recycled again — from sustainable jet fuel to beverage bottles, to yoga pants.
Founded in New Zealand, we are a global women-led company with an international footprint and a diverse employee population. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are a key part of our mission and core values which we show through our hiring, our leadership, our efforts to educate internally and willingness to learn.
Now a publicly traded company on NASDAQ, come join the team as we strive to make a Post Pollution Future!
Exciting collaborations with LanzaTech (LT) CarbonSmartTM Products:
- 2022 – H&M announced their collaboration with LT with a clothing line to be launched in 2023
- 2022 – Coty, Inc. – LT recycled carbon ethanol to be used in majority of fragrance portfolio by 2023
- 2022 – DrogerieMark (dm) in Germany, launched a range of packaging for their “Denk Mit” range of dish soap
- 2022 – Danone announced a collaboration to make packaging for the Mizone water line in China
- 2022 – Craghoppers, UK outdoor company, made a fleece from recycled carbon, to be launched in 2023
- 2021 – Collaborations with ZARA, lululemon & L’Oréal using recycled carbon in their apparel & packaging
- 2022 – Winner of “Air” Category at the 23rd Annual Energy Globe Awards
- 2022 – Fix Our Climate finalist for Earthshot Prize (only US company to be a finalist)
- 2022 – Jennifer Holmgren, CEO: TiE Sustainability Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2021 – Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable Fuels, Chemicals & Biomaterials
Interested in learning more? Visit us at www.LanzaTech.com and download/stream our latest CarbonSmartTM Podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify or wherever you receive your podcasts!
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
About the role
As a member of the global Finance Team, this position reports to the Controller. You will be responsible for various activities and operations in the accounts payable function, including analyzing invoices and expense reports for accuracy and eligibility for payment, ensuring timely payments of vendor invoices and expense reimbursements along with various ad-hoc projects. This is a great opportunity to make a difference in a fast-growing, late-stage start-up company.
- Coordinate and supervise two employees within Accounts Payable interacting with internal customers and external vendors monitoring all controls
- Address escalated issues from internal customers and external vendors regarding accounts payable; and ensure accurate and compliant records in accordance with company policies
- Work with the Finance team to continuously improve / develop processes
- Analyze invoices and expense reports for accuracy and eligibility for payment
- Responsible for leading as well as participating in process improvement efforts and root cause analysis for Accounts Payable.
- Provide Accounts Payable assistance to colleagues in all departments and vendors to ensure compliance
- Handle ad-hoc projects and tasks, as assigned
- Provide excellent customer service to our internal “customers” – (i.e. co-workers in other departments)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 3-4 years of related supervisory experience
- Excellent supervisory and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of accounts payable functions
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- NetSuite ERP systems experience preferred
- Resourceful and well organized. High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Approachable, professional and able to work in a highly confidential environment
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquires
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and offers solutions to complex issues required. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions
- Experience working with multiple subsidiaries
- Team player with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Understanding of the need for flexibility in a rapidly changing business/startup environment
- Demonstrable self-organization skills and time management
- Effective communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with all internal and external stakeholders
- A passion for LanzaTech and its mission
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times
- Office cubical, home