Welcome to the Post Pollution Future with LanzaTech
A post-pollution world is inevitable, and people will either be part of it, or the planet will go on without us. At LanzaTech, our technology platform is transforming waste carbon into everyday products, to meet the needs of this moment. Our science is state-of-the-art, but the idea is simple. We use nature to heal nature. We capture carbon emissions which are then fed into bioreactors where trillions of carbon-hungry microbes go to work. These tiny dynamos consume the waste gases and produce valuable raw material commodities. Pure enough to be resold, repurposed, and recycled again — from sustainable jet fuel to beverage bottles, to yoga pants.
Founded in New Zealand, we are a global women-led company with an international footprint and a diverse employee population. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are a key part of our mission and core values which we show through our hiring, our leadership, our efforts to educate internally and willingness to learn.
In addition, we have announced our plan to merge with AMCI Acquisition Corp. II and expect to become a publicly traded company on Nasdaq. Come join the team as we strive to make a Post Pollution Future!
Exciting collaborations with LanzaTech (LT) CarbonSmartTM Products:
- 2022 – Coty, Inc. – LT recycled carbon ethanol to be used in majority of fragrance portfolio by 2023
- 2021 – ZARA – cutting edge, high fashion black dresses made from LT recycled carbon
- 2021 – lululemon – sports apparel made from LT Recycled carbon
- 2021 – L’Oréal – partnership to make packaging with LT recycled carbon
- 2021 – Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable Fuels, Chemicals & Biomaterials
- 2020 – Biofuels Digest #3 Best Company to work for in the Advanced Bioeconomy
- 2020 – Fast Company World Changing Company
- 2020 – CNBC #43 on Top 50 Disrupter Companies list
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
About the role
This position reports to the Vice President of Finance and is responsible for all project-related accounting and finance-related activities. This person will also provide oversight and monitor project expenditures, communicate findings, and guide various teams on compliance, policies and procedures.
- Assist with project budget preparation and modifications
- Monitor and report project expenditures
- Review project expense and revenue transactions for accuracy
- Prepare and submit progress billing, monthly revenue and expense accruals; update schedule of expenditures and other periodic project-related reports
- Work with project managers to analyze and forecast project spending and revenue generation
- Ensure internal controls, contract-specific requirements, and contract management policies are followed
- Ensure expenditures are properly documented, approved, and within scope of the project
- Assist with monthly financial close activities
- BA/BS in Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience and familiarity with project financial management and associated compliance procedures
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced setting, you will be asked to make judgement calls about prioritization